Salient points to remember prior to seeking appointment for Class I Medical Examination.
1. What medical do you need to undergo. Check whether the intended medical is an initial or a renewal medical.
(a) Initial Medical. Initial medical is done when a person with a valid Class-II medical applies for the first time for a Class I Medical (a requirement for commercial license). Also, in case the last medical date (Class-I) is more than two years old, a fresh initial Class-I medical is to be conducted only at the IAF centres, alongwith NOC (see below).
(b) Renewal Medical. Class-I Medical Assessments are valid for one year (persons less than 40yrs. of age) or six months (persons above 40yrs of age). The renewal medical may be done anytime from 04 weeks before date of expiry of validity of Medical Assessment to the date of expiry of validity. If done earlier or later than that, an NOC is required. Renewal Class-I medical may be done after expiry of validity of previous (but not beyond two years since date of last medical) alongwith NOC. Renewal medical exam is conducted in IAF centres (list below) and by DGCA empanelled Class I Examiners (list below).
(c) Renewals mandatory at IAM/ AFCME/ MEC(E). The following medicals will compulsorily be done only at IAM/AFCME/MEC(E): (i) 4 th renewal upto 40yrs of age, (ii) 7 th renewal after 40yrs of age, (iii) All medicals after 60yrs of age and (iv) Medicals after attaining age 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 and 60 yrs.
2. Appointment & Previous Medical Record (PMR) Forwarding.
(a) IAF Centres. After ascertaining type of medical, kindly seek appointment well in advance keeping in view the time required for grant of appointments and PMR forwarding from DGCA. The procedure for seeking appointment can be accesses in the DGCA website under the Medical Section (or copy and paste the link http://dgca.nic.in/medical/Procedure%20for%20DGCA%20Centralised%20Appt%20& %20PMR%20Fwd%20System.pdf)
(b) Civil Centres & Class I Examiners. For Civil Hospitals (initial Medical) and Class I Examiners (renewal medicals), kindly contact the centres/ examiners directly at the addresses given below. PMR forwarding is not required for Class I initial medicals conducted at Nanavati & Apollo Hospitals and for renewal medical examinations conducted by Class-I Medical Examiners.
4. PMR Status Query. PMR files are forwarded to IAF Centres 2-3 weeks prior to date of appointment (even if applications are received early). PMR forwarding status can be accessed from DGCA website ( http://www.dgca.nic.in/medical/pmr-ind.htm) one week prior to medical date.
5. No Objection Certificate (NOC). For delayed/ early/ special medicals only, kindly obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from Medical Cell DGCA, New Delhi. The procedure and form for seeking NOC is available on the DGCA website (http://www.dgca.nic.in/public_notice/PN-medical%20NOC.pdf). Applications for NOC are to be made after obtaining confirmed appointment.
6. Contact us. In case of any further queries, kindly contact DGCA at 011-24622495 Extension 526/453 or by email at email@example.com.
CLASS-I INITIAL MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Class- I Initial Medical Examination are conducted at five (05) centres- three (03) of the Indian Air Force and two (02) civil hospitals.
List of medical centers: