Instruction & Procedure for uploading the images of Photograph & Signature on the Pilots Online System of Examination Conducted by DGCA –
I. Specification of the Images:
1. The Size of the colour photograph is 45mm X 35mm taken on a white background without borders. The face on the photograph must be of 35mm height and 25mm width. The photograph must be of MATT finish.
2. The size of the scanned colour photo image should not be more than 70kb size.
3. The size of the scanned signature image should not be more than 20kb size.
4. The photograph and signature must be of JPEG format and kept in a readily accessible folder in your personal computer.
II. Uploading procedure:
1. Open the web site http://udaan.nic.in and login as candidate using the Computer Number and Password as User Name and password respectively.
2. After successful login, Click on the tab “UPLOAD”.
3. On selecting the tab “UPLOAD”, the drop down will appear as “PHOTO AND SIGNATURE”.
4. On selecting “PHOTO AND SIGNATURE”, the screen will appear with “BROWSE” options.
5. Click on the respective “Browse” buttons and select the Photograph and Signature image files from the folder they are stored. After selecting appropriate files use the “UPLOAD” button. Clicking on “UPLOAD” button will prompt you to conform.
6. On selecting “OK” button, the images get uploaded in UDAAN site against your computer number. The uploaded Photograph and Signature images will appear in the screen.
7. If you are not satisfied with the upload, you may redo so by using “UPLOAD NEW IMAGE”. On selection the “UPLOAD NEW IMAGE” you will be directed back to the screen with “BROWSE” option. You may now upload the desired images.
8. Once the images of your photograph and signature are uploaded, please fill up the “Form for submission of Photograph and Signature of the applicant appearing for Pilots License Examination” and forward the same to
“The Director of Airworthiness, Central Examination Organisation, O/o Director General of Civil Aviation, Civil Aviation Department, East Block – III, R K Puram, New Delhi – 110066”
by Speed Post / Registered Post along with an attested (attestation by Gazetted Officer) copy of any one of the following document as an Identification proof for acceptance of the said form.
a. SPL issued by the CFI of approved Flying Training Institute
b. FRTOL / PPL / CPL as the case may be issued by DGCA (India)
d. Airport entry card – issued by BCAS
e. UID / AADHAR
f. Voter ID
g. Defense Identity Card in the case of Defense Personnel
h. Dependent Card issued by Defense Organisation.
Note: PAN card and Driving Licence are not accepted as a proof of identity.
1. Photograph and Signature upload is one time exercise and the uploaded images once approved by DGCA , a change / reload is not possible. It is therefore advised that only candidate’s latest color Photograph and Signature are uploaded.
2. Photo Forms may get rejected if the candidates do not adhere to the above instruction seriously. To avoid rejection, it is advised to make sure that the images are in correct format, correct size, application duly completed in all respect, signed, supporting document(s) are attested by Gazetted Officer and attached. Admit Card printing provision will be made available to the admitted candidates for the active session with prior intimation through Public Notice in DGCA web site and / or Notice Board in UDAAN site. Candidates should print their Admit Card only after release of the list of Admitted candidates in DGCA web site / UDAAN Site.